The platform length referred to above is the total width of the scaffolding tower as it stands and not the actual working length. Please allow a couple of inches either side for actual working length.Working height is calculated from the ground to your hand rail or guard rail height so be sure to select the right handrail height. We calculate working height as being from your feet to the tips of your fingers if stood with your hand in the air
This Alloy Tower is suitable for Internal and External Works. This Alloy Tower will give a working platform for no more than 2 people at one time. The Tower requires two competent people to assemble and comes with an assembly guide. In some cases you may need to be qualified to erect the tower if working on building sites etc. Before the Tower is assembled you should make sure that a thorough risk assessment has been carried out and that the ground is in a stable condition.
Maximum weight is 550kg on the platform providing the weight is distributed evenly on the Double Width Tower.
The maximum number of persons on the working platform is two.
The maximum side load can be no more than 20kg.
The Tower is supplied with a manufacturers assembly Guide. This gives the user a step by step guide on how to assemble the tower to ensure the tower is erected safely and easily. The Tower assembly instructions should be used at all times when erecting the tower.
Through The Trapdoor (3T) System:
3t Method or Through the trap construction method reduces the risk of falling from height when assembling the tower. Using standard components - the erectors will always be protected by a set of guardrails whilst assembling the tower. If the tower is being used for commercial use a PASMA qualification may be required. You do not need any formal qualifications for domestic use.
Dos and Dont's:
- Make sure that the tower is built on firm and level ground to ensure stability and for the safety of the user.
- Do not place the tower on bricks or any other objects to compensate for unlevel ground.
- Stabilisers must be used at all times if specified in the assembly guide.
- All components listed on the manufacturers component list must be used to ensure the tower has adequate strength.
- If components are left out the tower may collapse or lack strength.
- The tower must not be used in strong wind.
- Never use ladders - trestles or any other access equipment on the tower to gain additional height.
- Never use a tower where the frames are broken - dented - missing components are a not compatible with the tower supplied.
- If you are moving a tower you should always reduce the height to below 4m before moving to a new location.
- Make sure you check for overhead powerlines or obstructions.
- Push or pull the tower manually from the base of the unit only.
- Never move the tower whilst in operation or whilst there are materials on the tower. The tower should not be moved in windy conditions.
All Images are illustrative only - We may supply an item from a different manufacturer of similar specification
|Handrail Height Range
|2.2m - 13.2m
|Max Weight Distribution
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are using the tower for domestic use then you do not have to be PASMA trained to assemble/use the tower. If the tower is being used for commercial use then you may need the certification.
The Tower we supply is measured to the handrail. The platform (standing height) is 1m below the handrail to give an idea of the size you need to order. As a rule of thumb the hand height is 2m above the standing height.
Yes. The tower comes with the manufacturers assembly guide.
If you don’t have any restrictions to where you are working then the double width tower is recommended for extra stability.
No. This equipment is self-assembly.
Placing my order was really simple and the prices are really reasonable. Would definitely use again.
When placing my order I wasn’t too sure of the exact height needed as I was carrying out work on the front of my house. After a quick conversation my order was placed and the tower received was perfect for my needs.
+ Review This Product
Delivery & Collection Information
Small Deliveries & Collections
Medium Deliveries & Collections
Large Deliveries & Collections
UK Mainland - Standard Delivery AND Collection
** If not we will refund your delivery and collection charge in full